Sunday, November 27, 2005

Who needs shoes when you've got yarn?


Knitters (and other yarn collectors!) often see things in a different light than the rest of the world.
Which is why my husband thought he was putting together a shoe storage cabinet for his lovely wife (ok, not so lovely, but still his wife!). Said husband apparently hasn't noticed that his wife has only 3 pairs of shoes...tennis shoes for work, PINK tennis shoes for when the white ones are in the washing machine, and one pair of black pumps, circa 1989, because they still fit and they go with most of the dresses in that far right corner of the closet! The part of the closet where most people put their clothes, is filled with yarn and knitting books. I'm serious...I'm not kidding! I want all my knitting supplies right NEXT to me should some tragedy happen to our house in the middle of the night! He'll grab the kids and dog, I'll grab as much yarn as I can and a couple sets of needles. But I digress!
Here is my new shoe storage cabinet:
Isn't she just the cutest thing you've ever seen?!? I had so much fun emptying those 3 baskets full of cotton yarn, and deciding if Gettysburg should go with "blues" or "grays" and other such life altering decisions! Of course, the hubby is now complaining that it was VERY hard to put together, and he didn't know he was doing that for "just yarn" - bah humbug! JUST yarn?
I would be the happiest woman in the world if he got me "just yarn" for every holiday and special day throughout the year..."just yarn"?!?!?!?
And if he got me "just yarn", I wouldn't have to fret that my navy blue dress looks absolutely horrible with these black pumps, albeit VINTAGE black pumps~~:o)cuz yarn goes with EVERYTHING!!!

1 comment:

burrum said...

The cupboard is perfect, and sure looks better than my big plastic container (on wheels)which is crammed to the lid at the moment.
Plus I have yarn in a 3 tier basket stand.
And I still buy more.
From the land of Oz.