Saturday, January 21, 2006

Landscape bathroom


There are a lot of things about moving that really SUCK! But, we’re military – so we are “used” to it- and as a matter of fact almost embrace this way of life. Like…now, we’ll be leaving sunny southern California – for a nice little island in Japan called Okinawa. It's beautiful there, and LOTS of cool things to do - and they even have really cool yarn stores!!! And besides - I bet Clover knitting supplies are cheaper over there - without all those cute little taxes they put on all imported goods!
But, I digress! Besides doing the normal “decluttering” that every military spouse must do before that BIG MOVE – I’ve been thinking a LOT about what colors I want in which rooms! (A lot of thinking that has only turned into ONE good solid decision, but I have plenty of time - we'll be leaving sometime in the summer!)I’ve decided that OUR bathroom MUST be the colors of Sugar N Cream “Landscape” yarn. Not sure why exactly – I just know I have fallen in love with these colors! So, over the past few days, I’ve knitted a BUNCH of cloths for our new bathroom :o) TEN to be exact – well, I KNITTED 11, but the one in ecru doesn’t match, so I didn’t count it, poor thing!
Do any of you ever see colors in a ball of yarn, and absolutely fall in love with them, even if they weren’t colors you ever even thought TWICE about before?!? Something about the light green, white, and tan just seems so CALMING to me – and nope, I never even KNEW I liked those colors together ha! So anyway – here are the cloths…..some of them are from copyrighted books so I can’t share the patterns, but I’ll be more than happy to tell you WHERE they came from! :o) PLUS, some of them are from online sources..so those I CAN pass the URL along to you in case you don't already have it!

2 comments:

Lizzy said...

wow what a big move! when is the moving date?

KnittyMomma said...

i would LOVE to know where you got these patterns from!!