Friday, December 23, 2005

The Elijah Blanket



I recently finished a baby blanket for a friend's grandson. It turned out very well if I do say so myself! It measures about 28" by 38" so it's kinda small - but it only has a cast on of 120 stitches, and I just used my 14" needles instead of circs....it was originally supposed to be WAY smaller, but I got a little carried away. Grandma wanted him to have something little to carry around and chew on....but I told her I'll have to make him one of my baby feet cloths for THAT purpose - I wouldn't want him chewing on his blankie that took 18 hours to knit LOL!!! Besides, cotton would be a little easier on his gums than acrylic, dontcha think?
Anyway - here are the pics - I am SO glad it's finished - I get so bored knitting with the same color for too long LOL!! That's why you'll see a little pattern change above Elijah's name - I was planning to do "stripes" all the way got got VERY bored and so threw in a little variation, and it turns out I like the variation better than my original plan - I love it when things work out like that, don't you?

2 comments:

KnittyMomma said...

oh that is gorgeous!!

Pamela Foreman said...

You did a great job!